The cost of our direct cremation service using a local crematorium is just £1,495.00 inclusive.
When the coroner is involved and there is a post mortem, this cost is reduced by £82 because doctors are not required to authorise the cremation. This decreases the total cost of the service to £1,413.00 inclusive.
The above costs include
- Removal from a local hospital or place of death during normal office hours once the legal paperwork has been completed
- Our professional services to arrange the cremation
- Delivery of all paperwork to comply with the requirements of the authorities
- Use of our chapel of rest in St Neots or Huntingdon until the day of the cremation
- A simple coffin, with basic handles and a name plate to identify the deceased
- Transport of the coffin to the crematorium in a respectful manner
- Cremation at Cambridge Crematorium
- Doctors’ fee(s) for cremation certificates, if required
- Collection of the cremated remains from the crematorium if requested
If you call us out when the office is not open (ie not between 9am and 5pm Monday to Friday) there will be an additional charge of £175.00.
If you really don’t mind where the crematorium is, and you want to save yourself even more money, please see Cost of a direct cremation (using a distant crematorium)
If death occurs at home or in a nursing home it is common that the doctor who needs to issue the required certificate for cremation will not be the same doctor who confirms that the death has happened. Doctors request that we do not move a deceased person out of their area until they have issued the certificate, because they have to identify the person as part of the procedure.
If the place of death is not in the immediate St Neots or Huntingdon local area, we recommend that a local funeral director is called to carry out the removal and take care of the deceased person until the paperwork is complete. The local funeral directors will make a charge for this service, and you should make sure you are happy with this charge before you ask them to come out. If in any doubt, ask several local funeral directors to quote for the service.
If you have any queries relating to the above, please do not hesitate to contact us and ask. We will be able to give you advice relating to your specific situation.
To enable us to keep these prices so low, the full cost of the direct cremation must be paid by cleared funds (BACS transfer or debit card preferred) before the cremation is confirmed. We regret that due to the high fees levied by credit card companies, we can not accept credit card payment for a direct cremation.
If you are thinking about pre-paying for a direct cremation, please click on the link to read our pre-payment page, which gives details of the cost of pre-payment and restrictions which apply.